CUSTOMER PRIVACY NOTICE
Ballards are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is collected and used appropriately, lawfully and transparently.
This Privacy Notice explains:
· Who we are
· What personal information we collect
· How we use your personal information
· Who we share your information with and why
· How we keep your information secure
· Your rights
· How to contact us
WHO WE ARE
Ballards are an online sales and lettings agent, providing a high street service for an online cost. Establish in October 2015, with over 12 years of knowledge and industry experience.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information includes your name, address, email address or phone number and other information that is not otherwise publicly available. We collect personal information about you when you use our website, contact us about products and services, or carry out transactions with us.
The type of personal information we collect will depend on the purpose for which it is collected and includes:
· Contact details
· Information to verify your identity
· Family, lifestyle, and financial information
· Payment details.
We collect personal information directly from you. For example, we ask for personal information at the start of our relationship and in subsequent communications and emails.
We keep your personal information only as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected and to meet regulatory or legislative requirements. Personal information will be securely disposed of when it is no longer required.
ON WHAT BASIS DO WE COLLECT DATA
The processing of your personal data is allowed under a number of lawful basis. The data required for the provision of products and services is processed on the basis that there is a contract with you to do so. Any relevant marketing activity we undertake is done because as a firm we have a legitimate interest to do so however you have rights, as listed below, which impact how we can use and process your data.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We process your information in order to support and maintain our contractual relationship with you and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. This includes the following:
· Providing our advice and services to you
· Carrying out transactions you have requested
· Confirming and verifying your identity for security purposes
· Sending statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, your lawyers who you use for conveyancing, or to collect payments from you.
· Detecting and preventing fraud, crime, and money laundering.
We may also process your personal data as part of an acquisition or sale. Should this happen, you will be notified about any change to the data controller or processing methods arising as a result of this activity.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH AND WHY
We share your information with trusted third parties who perform tasks for us and help us to provide the services you require. These include:
· Propertymark.pro who are used to verify your identity, in line with money laundering requirements, undertake Politically Exposed Person (PEP) and Sanctions checks.
· Aspire 2011 LLP who are used for financial services and investment advice, such as; mortgages, re-mortgages, general insurance, life insurance and wealth management.
· Home Legal Services who are used for solicitors and conveyancing services
· Landlord Referencing UK & Rent Safe UK who are used for letting related referencing and insurance products.
· Deposit Protection Scheme (DPS) who are used for holding tenant’s deposits throughout their tenancy
· Local authorities and utility providers once a tenant has occupied or vacated a property
· Third parties who perform tasks for us to help us take care of the management and maintenance of your home, such as; plumbers, electricians, decorators, general maintenance providers.
· Other organizations, including regulatory bodies, the police and fraud prevention agencies, to prevent and detect fraud;
· Third parties where required by law, court order or regulation; and
· Third parties as part of an acquisition or sale.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We are committed to ensuring the confidentiality of the personal information that we hold and we continue to review our security controls and related policies and procedures to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information is kept secure.
In limited circumstances data may be accessed outside of the EEA ie by employees when they travel. In these circumstances we ensure there are appropriate information security measures in place to safeguard your information.
Ballards tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information and therefore have outlined your rights below. This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind, therefore further information can be gathered by contacting us using the details below, or more information about your data protection rights can be found here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
You have the right to opt out of marketing information and tell us what your communication preferences are by contacting us using the details provided at the end of this notice or by using the opt out option below. You may opt out at any time if you don’t want to receive any further communications of this nature.
INDIVIDUAL DATA RIGHTS AND REQUESTS
· The purposes of the processing;
· The right to be informed – You can request that we provide ‘fair processing information’, typically through this privacy notice;
· The right of access - You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you using the contact details found on the end of this policy;
· The right to rectification - The accuracy of your personal information is important to us. You have the right to ask us to update or correct your personal information;
· The right to erasure – You may request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing;
· The right to object – You may object to the processing of your data based on legitimate interests;
· The right to restrict processing - You have a right to request we ‘block’ or suppress processing of your personal data;
· The right to data portability – You may request to obtain and reuse your data; and
· The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
If you wish to correct, restrict, delete or make changes to your personal information, or any of the data subject rights listed above, please contact us at the number/address listed below.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have questions about this notice, need further information about our privacy practices, or wish to give or withdraw consent, exercise preferences or correct your personal information, please contact us using the following details.
Ballards, The Pod, Gleave’s Garden Village, Mill Lane, Frodsham, Cheshire, WA6 7JA
TEL: 01928 263083
HOW TO COMPLAIN
If you wish to raise a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you can contact The Office of Data Protection who will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law you can complain to our regulator:
Information Governance department
Information Commissioner's Office
0303 123 1113